A booklet is a set of pages that are connected in a hierarchical sequence. For example, if you wanted to publish a manual with sub-sections you may want to use a booklet instead of a set of pages.
Booklets also offer several unique features:
- Printer-friendly pages (including the ability to print an entire booklet)
- Configurable table of contents. The table of contents for booklets is automatically created as you add child pages and can be placed in the sidebar or the main content area.
- Asynchronous page loading (table of contents links will load content onto the screen without having to refresh the page.)
In most cases, Basic Pages are the best ways to build out your site sections because they offer the greatest flexibility in your page layouts. With pages, you can place widget in any area of the page (including the main content area). All Booklet pages however, are limited to the same layout and widgets.
Enabling the Booklets App
Before adding any book pages, you must first make sure the app is enabled.
1. Click to expand Settings
2. Click on Enable Apps
3. Search for BOOKLETS.
4. Check the Enable box.
5. Click Save.
Return to Home Page
Booklet Menu Link
The "Documents" link should now be in your primary menu.
If the Documents link does not appear in your menu, follow these steps:
- Go to the control panel and select Menus
- Once in the Menu area, Select Add New Link in the Primary Menu
- You'll be prompted to choose an Item Type. Please select URL
- Click Continue
- Now give the Menu Item a title like "Documents" and enter the word "documents" (lower case) in the URL field
- Click Finish at the bottom of the page
1. Click on the "Documents" link in your primary menu.
2. While on the Documents page, click on and begin entering the page information.
3. Click Save.
The content revisions feature will allow you to save past versions of content (posts) on your website.
Booklet App Settings
To view the available Booklet App settings:
1. Go to your Control Panel
2. Select Settings
3. Select App Settings
4. Select Booklet from the list of Apps
5. View the options and make any changes
6. Click the Save button to save changes.
Viewing Book Pages
All of your book pages can be viewed by clicking on "Documents" in the primary menu of your site. You can also view and manage book pages by navigating to the Control Panel and clicking on the "Content" button . On the right column under "Type" you will see a drop down menu where you can click on "Book Page" which will display a list of your items.