In addition to pages, OpenScholar provides numerous apps and widgets that will create a visually appealing display for a specific kind of content, such as a publication or a faculty profile. Many of the these components provide additional functionality.
Basic Page App
The Basic Page app offers the ability to post miscellaneous web pages of your choice, like a "blank canvas".
Create blog entries on your site.
A set of pages tied together in a hierarchical sequence.
Create and manage information on classes taught or otherwise relevant.
Custom text/html widget
A flexible design element that you can customize as you like. Create a custom block that can include images, text, HTML, and video, and add it to any page.
Showcase a dataverse site as a section on your OpenScholar site
Embed media widget
Display embedded rich media such as files, videos, images, and more
Post and manage events, including registration
Create a section of frequently asked questions
A helpful way of displaying collections of links, including tagging functionality
More Like This widget
Allows users to display a list of links to related content.
News App– articles
Post news stories to your site
News App – import with RSS
Incorporate news stories from another website into your news section
People Profiles App
Maintain a directory of people for your department such as faculty and staff, with robust profiles
Post and manage presentations
Display all types of academic publications
Randomly display one of the widgets added in every page refresh
Section Navigation widget
Shows subpages within a page (section)
Post and manage information about software development projects
You may want to create a link to the OpenScholar default App URL, such as for People or News. Here is a list of the URLs that are available on your site when your enable an App:
- /blog - points to the Blog App
- /calendar - points to the Events App
- /classes - points to the Classes App
- /data - points to the Dataverse App
- /documents - points to the Booklets App
- /faq - points to the FAQ App
- /galleries - points to the Media Gallery App
- /links - points to the Links App
- /news - points to the News App
- /people - points to the Profiles App
- /presentations - points to the Presentations App
- /publications - points to the Publications App
- /reader - points to the Reader App
- /software - points to the Software App