Take a short few minutes to watch this video for the quickest way to become familiar with Creating new Widgets in OpenScholar.
For more information, you can read the written documentation below.
The Custom Text/HTML widget displays text or allows the addition of HTML much like a mini Basic Page.
Within the widget you can add Text, HTML, Images, Video, whatever works in the editor. Note that unsafe HTML is automatically stripped.
1. To add a new widget to your site you must get to the layout area. First, you can opt to go your Control Panel, click to expand Appearance and click Layout to change the layout of the Front page, All Sections or App based areas (See example below). Second, you can opt to go to the Layout of an individual page or section (a grouping of pages) via the Configeration Gear.
2. Select Add new widget and click on the Custom Text/HTML option.
3. Populate the form and click save.
Note: The Widget Description field is what will display for the members of the site in the widget gallery and on the layout. The Widget Title is what will show on the page to the site visitors.
Example of adding a new widget called “Cancellation Policy”
4. Find the widget you just created and drag and drop it to the correct location in the layout.
6. Save the layout configuration at the bottom of the page.
7. View results.