Take a short few minutes to watch this video for the quickest way to become familiar with the event app on OpenScholar.
For more information, you can read the written documentation below.
The Events app lets you post and manage your events on your web site.
Enabling this app will provide an Events section on your site and a primary menu link. The new section displays of the current month's calendar, as well as other views of upcoming and past events.
Enabling the Events App
Before proceeding to add Events you must first make sure the Events App is enabled.
To enable the Events App:
1. Click to expand Settings
2. Click on Enable Apps
3. Search for EVENTS.
4. Check the Enable box.
5. Click Save.
WIth the Events App Settings, you now are able to disable functionality to allow your site visitors from exporting your event.
To change the Event App settings:
1. Go to the Control Panel
2. Select Settings
3. Select App Settings
4. Select Events
5. Here you will be able to Disable Export
The Calendar link should now appear in the primary menu.
If the Calendar link does not appear in your menu, follow these steps:
- Go to the control panel and select Menus
- Once in the Menu area, Select Add New Link in the Primary Menu
- You'll be prompted to choose an Item Type. Please select URL
- Click Continue
- Now give the Menu Item a title like "Calendar" and enter the word "calendar" (lower case) in the URL field
- Click Finish at the bottom of the page
By default, the calendar displays of the current MONTH view of the full calendar.
Site visitors can tab through these options as well:
- Past Events
Each tab view in the Calendar has a URL path (see below) which you can find/see by selecting the tab and viewing your url bar.
To change the default view:
Click Menus in the Control Panel
- Delete the current Calendar link from the primary menu
Create a new menu link using one of the URL paths