When exporting a calendar, there are 3 options to choose from. You can export:
- a subscription to a Calendar
- an iCal file format
- a rss feed
OpenScholar will allow you to export up to 40 upcoming events, or have the option to export a single event. NOTE: exporting a single event you can only export a subscription or iCal format.
Upon clicking this option, your calendar application on your computer will open and display a dialog box where you will be prompted to Subscribe.
After Subscribing you will need to configure your settings. This will depend on whether you use a Mac or PC and the type of Calendar application you use. After completing the next steps your OpenScholar calendar events will appear.
When clicking this option, the file will download to your computer and a dialog box will appear prompting you to configure your computer calendar settings. This will depend on whether you use a Mac or PC and the type of Calendar application you use. After configuring your settings your OpenScholar calendar events will appear.
You may also use the downloaded file or link and import it into another calendar application such as Yahoo Calendar, Google calendar, etc.
- Click on Export iCal on your OpenScholar Calendar page. Your file will immediately download.
- Exit out of the calendar application used on your computer.
- Open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings > Settings.
- Open the Calendars tab.
- Click Import calendars between the "My calendars" and "Other Calendars" sections.
- Click Choose File and select the file you exported. The file should end in "ics" or "csv"
- Choose which calendar to add the imported events to. By default, events will be imported into your primary calendar.
- Click Import.
The system will provide you with a XML code that you can add to your RSS Feed reader. Note that this option is not available for single events.