The Faceted Taxonomy widget allows filtering a set of content by multiple criteria. For example, visitors will be able to view people tagged with "faculty," research area, certain region, controlling how they narrow down the results.
Adding a Faceted Taxonomy widget
- Click to expand Appearance and select Layout as shown below:
- Select Add new widget and click 'Faceted Taxonomy' from the list, as shown below:
4. Fill in the appropriate fields as shown below. Available fields are:
- Widget Description (mandatory)
- Widget Title
- Content Type (meaning the App type(s) of content you want to display)
- Select Vocabularies (select 2+ vocabularies that you have previously created - these will be the options your site visitor with be able to filter within)
- Vocabulary Order (options: alphabetical, vocabulary weight)
- Term Order (options: relevance, alphabetical, term weight)
- Show number of posts
- Display Styles (options: Classic/list, menu, collapsible/accordion)
5. Click Save.
Note that in the example below, the site visitor is able to use the Faceted Taxonomy widget to select terms from within different vocabularies to be able to customize their Publication results.