Taxonomy widgets are designed to display a list of taxonomy terms that you have added to one of your site’s vocabularies.
Finding Your Taxomony Widgets
Each vocabulary that you create automatically generates its own Taxonomy widget.
For example, if you create a vocabulary for Publications, then a Publications Taxonomy Widget is created and available for you in the unused widget gallery to add to your page layout.
You can use this functionality to group pieces of content into smaller, more specific categories. You can learn more on the taxonomy vocabulary page.
Adding a Taxonomy Widget to a Page
In this example, we'll locate the "Filter by People Terms" taxonomy widget to see how to filter people profiles by their roles.
1. Using the larger gear on your page, opt to edit the layout of current page.
2. Once on the Layout of your site, find the taxonomy widget you want to display from the unused widget gallery.
3. Drag and drop the widget to the the desired position within your layout.
4. Click "save" at the bottom of the page.
5. View results.
Editing a Taxonomy Widget
1. Hover over & click the grey edit gear. Then click Edit Widget.
2. Make changes to your Taxonomy Widget form
3. Save changes
4. View results.
Changes made here were to the Title & Display Type (Menu option)