The Twitter Widget displays a feed of recent tweets for a given Twitter account. Once you create a Twitter widget, you can choose to display the most recent feeds from a Twitter username, hashtag, or search term to be shown in the box. You can also give the widget a unique name and description as well as control how many tweets you want to appear within the widget. You may also encourage visitors to follow you by checking the “include a follow me” link option.
Adding the Twitter Widget
- Go to your Control Panel, click to expand Appearance, and select Layout.
- Click on the Add New Widget button and select the Twitter Widget
- Fill out the form (shown below) and save
- Drag and drop the Twitter widget into your page layout.
- Click save and the bottom of this page
The example below displays tweets from the username, @HarvardResearch.
Should be used: When you want to display a feed of recent tweets for a given Twitter username, hashtag, or search term onto your site.
Should not be used: For when you want your site visitors to solely connect with your social networking accounts -- use the Follow Me widget for this purpose.